:: Sejal :: - Maternity. In Focus

This weekend I had the honor of throwing my best friend a shower for her first baby girl! We have known each other for what feels like eons of time. We are exactly 1 month apart, with her birthday falling on December 29. I usually quickly quip, as if I was a twin who wanted to justify my god given rights as an elder sibling secondary to my 1 second prior arrival into the world - "I'm older!"
As legend goes....her mother came to see my mom at the hospital the very day I was delivered. Sejal likes to think of it as her very first visit to see me (seeing as how she was in her moms' belly and next in line for a grand entrance into life)and a foreshadowing of our friendship to come. Now our lives have seemed to progress as slow and fast as a hourglass timer (more like minuteglass actually).......while you watch the grains of sand move from the upper tube to the lower during a heated game, it feels like it couldn't empty fast enough but before you know it - it's all over! By the word ALL, I refer to our youth! Now WE are the adults and instead of one of our kids visiting the other while in utero, it will be more like me taking my 2 year old son to see HIS future best friend. Good luck Sejal and take the epidural the second they offer it! Love and Kisses to you and baby, G













Comments

Popular Posts