:: Kindness :: - My life. In focus.

So I didn't win the workshop. Actually I had to withdraw my entry because my airline ticket didn't quite work out. See, I entered originally because of one person in particular who actually made it possible. She believed in me so much, that she actually gave me all of her airline miles to get there. Miles she saved for herself. She is selfless and caring and I am so lucky to have her in my life and the ability to call her - friend.She was the one who introduced me to photography and was there when I got my first DSLR in the mail. She gives me gentle but harsh critiques, but lovingly. The kind that would be insulting from anyone else. She also praises me and lifts me up when she thinks the pictures I have produced are great.  This is what I need as I move on. The critiques and the praises. But most importantly. The friend. Blog meet my best friend Sejal. I thought she needed some recognition in the blogosphere, not for the kindness she portrayed in the last few days, but for her general - kindness. She is a consistent, loving and soulful person who gives more often than she receives. Sometimes people like this get overlooked. So today, I want everyone to see what a great person looks like. The following pictures were taken the day I got my first DSLR. She was my very willing model. Sejal, don't kill me for posting these. :)




Comments

ap said…
Awww--too bad you had to withdraw. It was a real winner! I will second your comments about Sejal, though. She's always been there for me to lean on. An amazing friend who gives SO MUCH of herself. ;)
sejal said…
Dear Gayu,
Thanks so much for what you wrote. It really means alot to me even though I may not always live up to your words. Thank you again my sweet friend for loving me always.
sejal said…
Also may I suggest some of your more complimentary photos of myself?
Unknown said…
I love how there are God sent people in the world, and selfless, that is so awesome!

Popular Posts