:: Play! :: - My Life. In Focus

This afternoon, I was sitting in Walgreens, sick with strep throat, arduously waiting for my prescriptions to be filled and all I could think about was how basic and uncomplicated life was when I was a kid. When I was sick, my parents brought me my medicine, tucked me into bed and I said farewell to EVERYTHING until I felt better. The world just disappeared, like a rabbit from a magic hat, and reappeared at my liking.  Now I get sick and I realized the world can't stop for me. I have a little one who relies on me when he is sick. This revelation brought me back to my childhood. As a kid, all I did was wake up early (like seriously early), caught my favorite cartoons (usually Shera, followed by the Smurfs and ending with Tom and Jerry), jumped on my parents bed repeatedly and annoyingly, until they finally woke up, and then headed over to Courtney and Hollys' place(my childhood playmates) for a jam-packed day of....well.....playing! Yes....days and days full of just playing. I can remember a time when just the thought of adulthood not including a day outside playing brought disgust! Now that I am an adult and in the real world, I am so happy that I found something that brings me back to those days.  When I am taking pictures, I feel like I'm playing!!!! Yes, I finally found my exit from adulthood to one that takes me back to simpler times. I think everyone should find one thing that reminds them of their childhood and do it often! Happy playing everyone!!!!!!


Comments

ap said…
Hope you feel better so you can play again!

Popular Posts