:: Fears - hair, shadows and bees.........:: - My Life. In focus


    So Zane went all ballistic the other day because of all things, he saw a piece of hair in the tub. "Mommy, ah ah ah ah"  is all I heard as he proceeded to dig his fingers into my skin. I saw blood. Because ooohh noo, hair is unfortunately not the ONLY thing my 2 year old is scared of. He is also scared of "mess", feathers and shadows just to name a few. Yes, please tell me you know of another 2 year old who is terrified by being messy! I think I can go ahead and diagnose OCD :).  At least he will have a clean room - right? I don't know exactly how or when my son
 procured such sissy characteristics. 

  But it got me thinking about my fears. I was scared of a bee book when I was 4. Yes, it was a book that only my childhood bully, Tameika, knew was my lethal weapon, my kryptonite, my worst fear......  She knew that using this book would get her the fruits of her desires. Usually, this was my barrettes and beautiful hairbands my mom sent me to school with. sigh...I loved them.  I had to tell my mom that they just slipped out of my silky hair and that I had no idea what happened to those oh so lovely hair holders. 

  This wasn't just a book of one bee. Nooo, it was a book with pictures infested with multiple bees all just waiting to come out and sting my little behind. They taunted me! "come here my little pretty." Well...I got over it. I remember staring into that book with tears flowing enough to fill the cups of all my classmates. I was determined....determined to get over it! I can say it was possibly my first lesson in perseverance.  I did though.  Get over it, I mean. When Tamieka
 came over with that book the next time....i proclaimed "I'm not scared, mmmph!" But that was the day I learned about my other fears. Her fist! She was big :). 

Anyways, Here's a preview of the shoot I did this weekend. She is the Gerber baby I swear. Look at her eyes! You'll see more soon!



Comments

Popular Posts